Monday, March 23, 2009

TOTES MAGOTES



In I LOVE YOU, MAN The Judd Apatow Players continue to make me laugh (hard). Though Apatow actually has no credit on the film, his style of comedy--that which was perfected way back in the days of "Freaks and Geeks" with the brilliant Paul Feig--carries on, being especially evident if the work of his protogé Jason Segel.

Obviously, Paul Rudd is amazing, but that we've known since the days of CLUELESS and WET HOT, among counters others.

I'm also happy for Rashida Jones, who I remember back from "Boston Public," a show in which I somewhat guiltily indulged. But thanks to her sweet gig on "The Office," she's now a leading lady. Good for her. Rashida, please, don't blow it with some sort of Katherine Heigl-type stunt.

I'm glad to see Seth Rogan, Paul Rudd, Jason Segel, Michael Cera, Martin Starr, Bill Hader, sometimes James Franco as well as many others--anyway, I love that these guys are all up in the comedic limelight right now. Will Ferrell, Luke & Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn, Ben Stiller and company are great, but...in the that song the kids sing on that episode of "The Brady Bunch,"

When it's time to change, then it's time to change...

PLEASE WATCH


Also, saw this trailer, mad excited


Some Random Quotes from the movie (they're not even on IMDb yet!):
----------
Pete: Prepare to be RUSHIFIED!

He presses play, the opening chords of a Rush song are barely audible through Peter's laptop.

Pete: It sounds a lot beter on big speakers.

Zo0ey: I can see that.

She watches as Peter rocks out.

Pete: Good, right?

Zooey: Yeah...(pause) You--you do it that high when you do it?

Pete: In real life I do it here. But air bass works best up here! I'm slappin' da bass, man! I'M SLAPPIN' DA BASE!

Zooey: Please don't do that.
---------
Sidney: Pete, this is the Man Cave! There's no women allowed here. I got a jerk-off station for God's sake.


----------
Pete: Why does everything I do sound like a Leprechaun?
----------
Pete: And do you have my second season of Lost? I mean, it's OK, if you're not done watching it...it's just that Zooey hasn't seen them all and she just really wants to find out what's going on in that hatch.
-----------


p.s. Brava, Annie Leibovitz. But you knew that already.