Monday, March 23, 2009

Catchin' Some Flack?



ATTN MAC USERS:

Do you ever download from torrent sites (
Pirate Bay) and end up finding the audio files you want only available as FLAC files? Well, it's annoying because often it's music that I can't find anywhere else leaving me to have to figure out how to convert the lil suckers.

iTunes won't support FLAC (I know they have reasons for this, but it's irritating), so you need to utilize an audio compression application in order to decode the FLAC items (this is after they've gone through Transmission) into AIFF or WAV files...THEN you can import them into iTunes and FINALLY convert everything into MP3's.

Total NERD ALERT, I know. But I really wanted this Cramps album last night, which was only available in FLAC...so after enough research on the internetz, I was finally mission accomplished, and now I'm actually kinda proud of myself.


THIS
was my most helpful resource. Read it all. You will need to download a program called xACT, which in my opinion works much better than MacFlac.

I don't know. Hopefully, this was helpful to someone.
Don't worry, I'll be back to my usual inane material soon enough. As a matter of fact, I plan to start Live Blogging during future episodes of "Gossip Girl." Be. Excited. B! E! Excited!