Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Changes for Samantha


I am not ashamed to admit that at nearly a quarter of a century old I am still completely obsessed with American Girl--I can also attest to the fact that since I received my Samantha doll at the age of six, she has always held the highest mark in my heart. I love Samantha because of her amazing gear--the school outfit for S Learns a Lesson, the cape, muff and footwear for winter's Changes for Samantha, basically every outfit and accessory is magnificent. I acquired the complete collection, including all of the furniture, and even a matching nightgown for myself. I later received Kirsten, Felicity and Addy--and I adore all of them. However, Samantha remains above the rest, which says a lot since I hate to play favorites. It pains me that American Girl is bidding adieu to my favorite Gal, but I am positive that there are enough of us Samantha enthusiasts to carry on her legacy to future generations. By the way, I would just like to add that--as a New Yorker--I have gone for High Tea not once, but twice at the American Girl Store on Fifth Avenue; absolutely incredible.

I sincerely hope this is a publicity stunt and that they really aren't sending her away.